In our last update we promised to continue to monitor the coronavirus situation and to update the community as things evolved. Today we are announcing that things have evolved, and explaining what that means for the community and the Summit.
- We are switching to an all-virtual summit for 2020. We are coordinating with speakers to move all presentations to streaming online video. You can expect a schedule similar to the one we have already announced, as well as a robust set of online chat options for the community to discuss the day’s events.
- We also still plan on holding the pre-party happy hour the evening of March 12 for community members who are in NYC. The happy hour is free to anyone who is able to attend. If you are in the area we look forward to seeing you there. However, we do not recommend traveling to NYC just for the happy hour.
- We continue to offer full refunds on tickets to anyone who has purchased tickets to the Summit. Contact email@example.com for more details.
- We will be sending full swag bags to all ticket holders.
- Next year’s summit will be in NYC again on April 9, 2021. Mark your calendars!
While we are sorry to have to make this change, we are still excited about this year’s Summit. We have a fantastic lineup of speakers and even more OSHWA announcements planned. While we know that many members of our community will be disappointed not to be able to see each other in person this year, we look forward to seeing all of you virtually on Friday and in person in 2021.
Thank you all again for being part of the open source hardware community!